9.19.2008

I've got a brand new attitude - And I'm going to wear it tonight.

"So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you

And guess what
I'm having more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight

I'm alright
I'm just fine
And you're a tool

So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight"

Have you ever been burned? When I say burned, I mean placing seemingly negligible expectations(or even expectations that both parties have come to agree to) in someone and then that person does the complete opposite? Well, that has been the story of my life the past couple of months.

You would think that I would be completely content with my life right now; going to school for an awesome career that involves not only my interest, but my passion. I also have a steady job that pays decently and I have the best set of friends that anyone could ask for. However, the 'Aries' in me is constantly looking for more, so I don't know if I'll ever be content.

The above mentioned combined with how cruel a select few people have been towards me as of late is a mixture for disaster in my life. I'm not sure what really happened to general respect with a dash of consideration and compassion towards someone. Maybe I'm just surrounding myself with the wrong people? God knows I have a track record for doing that heh heh.

Well, school is going good. I'm doing well in all my classes and my professors really like me; the feeling is mutual. Work is also going great! I work with my friend's(Cody) roommate. The other servers there are pretty awesome as well. It's the most laid-back restaurant atmosphere I've ever worked in, which isn't a complaint by any stretch of the imagination lol. The money is also awesome as well. A server that works there walked with a little over $150.00 on a Thursday night after only working ~6 1/2 hours. You do the math.

My dad is also doing great, which makes me feel good as well. He has Leukemia and his doctor thinks that his prostate cancer is coming back. But, if my dad feels good when he wakes up in the morning then that's less that I have to worry about for that 24 hours. My mom is also doing fine...fiesty as ever. It's kind of scary how comparable I am to the both of my parent's personalities. OH! My dad also bought 3 horses last week :) SO STOKED ABOUT THAT! They are still colt's but I'm sure will be grown in no time at all. He has two white ones and a brown one. I haven't decided on any names yet...but I think I want to name the brown colt; my parents can have the two white ones.

Ahh... :]

I guess the point of this post was simply to let any and everyone that has burned, hurt, or left me in the dust in the past know that I'm doing just fine; I feel great and am succeeding in my life!





...Without you.



Recap of today:
Woke up hungover
Went back to sleep after water+Advil
Got back in-touch with an old friend( :] )
Ate a bowl of cereal
Still RockStar status.

Song:
Pink - So What

Song: x2
Robyn - Handle Me

1 comment:

LPCE said...

AHHHHH!!!! HORSES!!!! yay!